Saturday, December 23, 2017

Cocktail Time {Candy Cane Jello Shots}

One of my favorite things to do is make signature cocktails for different parties and events.  I love creating one of a kind drinks to match the theme of various events.  I thought I would start posting my cocktail recipes on here as a log for myself so I could keep track of what I’ve made.   I thought if you need inspiration these might help you to create festive drinks for any occasion!


I’m going to start today with these Candy Cane Jell-O shots I made for my friend M’s annual Christmas party.   I had peppermint vodka leftover from my first annual tree lighting party so I used that. 



I usually buy a bottle of this every year because it’s so good!  I use it to make cocktails around the holidays and sometimes I buy an extra bottle for Christmas gift exchanges because everyone loves it.  The bottle is scratch and sniff and smells like candy canes so that is fun!  



For Jell-O shots you use non flavored gelatin that you can get next to the regular Jell-O  at the grocery store.  I found svedka gelatin mix so I just followed the directions on the package. 



I found these Christmas shot glasses at Walmart in the seasonal aisle.  I thought they were festive and cute!  I followed the instructions on the package to make the Jell-O shots.   I did crush  up some candy canes and add a few of those to the bottom of each of my shot glasses.



I put them in the fridge to set overnight.  G asked me what the heck I was making 😂.  He doesn’t drink and I haven’t made Jell-O shots since college.  Right before I left for the party I got them out and added a mini candy cane to each one.  They were a pretty (and useful!) addition because people used the candy cane to scrape out the Jell-O shot.



They were a big hit at the party!!!  





Happy Saturday!  I hope you are soaking up this special time with your family.  We are in Arizona with Brock and we are enjoying every second with him!

Xoxo 

0 comments: