Monday, November 20, 2017

Holiday Market

Yesterday my friend Rachael and I coordinated our 5th annual Holiday Market. The Holiday Market is an annual event where our crafty friends come and sell holiday items.  We serve champagne and cookies and it is the event  that kicks off the holiday season.  




5 years...I can’t believe it!  It seems like yesterday we had this idea to bring our crafty friends together once a year to sell what we’ve made and now it’s 5 whole years later!



A lot has changed in 5 years.  When we started we had (at most) 50 people come and this year we had over 300.  We moved our Market to our friend Stephanie’s kitchen design showroom  3 years ago because we were outgrowing Rachael’s house and we’ve added more crafters so our shoppers have more variety. 

I have spent the last two weeks making things like crazy to have enough stuff to sell. My biggest sellers this year were my hometown ornaments (I have orders for 35 more!) , owl succulent planters and reversible signs. 








We asked everyone to bring food items for the food pantry and we put the donations under Stephanie’s tree. We were able to collect so much food yesterday which felt really great. 





I had my crafts in a big kitchen that I shared with my friend Sabrina. We decorated our kitchen with greens and winterberry. Sabrina made the hanging succulent planter.  I liked it so much I bought one for myself! 



Here is a picture of our kitchen before everyone came.  We had a great time decorating it and getting it ready!









We had a beautiful selection of crafters at our Market.
Our friend Heather is an amazing cook and she made herb butter, cranberry sauce, hummus and carmel to sell for Thanksgiving.  She had samples set up so people could try everything.  This was a very popular table!



Our friend Kimmy sold her beautiful handlettered items.  She made beautiful advent calendars, wall hangings, ornaments and door mats.





My friend Wendy made the most beautiful flower and succulent arrangements.  I bought 2 of them.  I just love her stuff!





My friend Betty sold her delicious fudge and DIY cookie kits for kids.  



My friend Jenn sold her goats milk soap and lotions.  These are always a big hit!!





Here was our cookie table.  Everyone loved the cookie table!  



Our Holiday Market lasted for three hours and it went by in a flash!  It was so busy.  People said it really got them in the Holiday spirit which was nice to hear.  





It was a great day and it’s such a good little tradition for our friends, customers and our community.  I hope this tradition continues for many more years to come!

Xoxo

1 comments:

Wayne Locksmith said...

Thanks great ppost