Monday, July 9, 2018

Book Review {June}

In June I read two fabulous books and I want to share both of them with you.  I love reading and I try and read 50 pages every day.  Sometimes that happens and sometimes it doesn't.   I feel like I'm always busy so if I can't read one day I try and read a little more the next day. It's always a good day when I can spend a little time reading.

You can read my other book reviews from this year below

January 

February

March

April

May


It was my turn to choose the book for my book club.  Last month we read a really heavy book about a boy and his escape from Afghanistan.  After that book we needed something different.  So the book I chose was waaaayyyyy different.  I chose The Marriage Pact and it was a creepy page turner.  This book is about a newly married couple that receives an invitation to join a marriage pact as a wedding gift. The Marriage Pact group turns out to be very cult-ish and at times downright frightening.  This book is a page turner and I can't wait to talk about it with my book club girls tomorrow night!


The second book I read last month was another page turner. I got so invested in this book I read the whole thing in about three days.  It was just that good!  The second book I read is called Sharp Objects and was just released as a limited series on HBO. I can't wait to watch it!    This book is about a young Chicago reporter that goes back to her hometown to write about the murders of two young girls.  While she's in her hometown she stays with her mother and she navigates the complicated relationship with her family while confronting her own demons.    I don't want to give to much of the plot away  but this book has so many twists and turns.  I just loved this book!


What books have you been reading this summer?

Xoxo 

0 comments: