Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Book review {April}

I am a few days late posting this but I read two fabulous books in April and I wanted to share them with you.  I love reading and I love when I can spend a little time each day reading.  Some days are super hectic and I don't always get to read but every day I try.  I usually read right before bed.

You can read my other book reviews from this year at the links below

January 

February

March

Last night I had Book Club and we had a great discussion on our April book club book Everything you Ever Wanted by Jillian Lauren.  Last month I read Jillian's first book Some Girls.  You can read about that book in my March book review which is linked above.  This book is a memoir and tells the story of Jillian's life, her marriage to her husband Scott (the bassist from the band Weezer) and their struggle to have a baby.  I laughed and cried a lot when I read this book there were so many emotional moments and Jillian does a fantastic job of writing so you feel like you are right there with her.  She is brutally honest in this book and I could not put it down. I highly recommend this book.


The next book I read this month was actually an audible book that I listed to for two weeks while getting ready for work. Killers of the Flower Moon The Osage Murders and the Birth of the FBI is a non-fiction book about The Osage Indians.  In the 1920's the Osage Indians discovered oil on their land.  Because of this oil a lot of them became very rich.  Many of them started dying in unusual ways.  This book explains the history of that time, the corruption of the US government (for example-The Osage Indians had to have white men to  oversee their money and they had to ask these men when they wanted to spend it.  The men were appointed by the government)  and the cover up and final investigation of the murders.  This book was very well researched and is currently being turned into a movie.  This is an important story and I had no idea any of this happened until I read this book.  


I have a couple of good books lined up to read in May.  What have you been reading lately?  If you have any good book suggestions please leave them in the comments.

Happy Tuesday!
xoxo

0 comments: