Monday, May 7, 2018

Our weekend!

We had a fun filled first weekend in May!  It was busy because  Ava was in a basketball tournament both Saturday and Sunday (she played in 6 games between the two days), G was a referee in the tournament so he was so busy as well We also managed to squeeze in some fun too.  I love weekends like that!  

Friday night my friend Sabrina invited a few girls over for a Cinco de Mayo party.  It was low key and we just hung around her kitchen island and talked and laughed.  I love casual Friday night parties. I made my weight watcher lemon cupcakes and they were a big hit!



Saturday night G and I went to a Cinco de Derby party.  It was a fun mix of a Cinco de Mayo party and a Kentucky Derby party.  It was a lot of fun!  Our friend K from work hosted the party at her house.  She is amazing cook and also made the most delicious jalapeno margaritas.  We had a blast! 




Sunday afternoon I went to an afternoon tea/fundraiser for a community serivce organization that I am in.  I was on the committee that planned the tea and I am so thankful it turned out to be a beautiful afternoon!!  

I went to the Tea early to help set up and put our programs and note cards. One of our new initiatives for this year is to make homemade soup for chemotherapy patients.  We left note cards at each place setting so people attending the tea could write out a note that we will deliver to chemotherapy patients with a fresh batch of soup.


I also helped put the centerpieces on each of the tables.  Aren't the flowers goregous?  I love the mixed colors in these arrangements.  They were so festive and fun!



I wore a magenta colored dress to the party that I've had for a few years.  I thought it was appropriate to wear a spring-y color since this was a spring event.  I love my black but I didn't think black was appropriate for this occasion.  


We also set up a photo booth area so people could take pictures there.  This is everyone from my table plus a few extra people from the organization that sponsored the tea :)


At the tea we had three food courses (all bite sized of course because it was a tea!)

The first course was finger sandwiches, they were delicious and I had four of them, the second course was scones served with lemon curd and three types of butter and the last course was my favorite-bite sized desserts.  

\

It was a great weekend!!  

Xoxo



0 comments: