Friday, May 11, 2018

Friday Favorites

Today is the best day of the week! It's Friday and I am joining with Andrea, Erika, and Narci to share my Friday favorites from this week.  This week FLEW by   Tonight I have my monthly craft class for Branch and Bloom and tomorrow is graduation at the College where G and I work!  We are both going to be working at the graduation ceremonies.  I just love seeing our graduates and their families.  It's such a happy day.   Saturday night I am going to a birthday dinner for my friend T and on Saturday G, Ava and I are going to Mother's Day brunch.  It should be a great weekend!




1.  I took Ava to the doctor's office yesterday and we stopped by the annual art show at the hospital. All of the artwork from the elementary schools and the high school are displayed for about a month at the hospital.  We always went every year to see B and A's artwork.  Since Ava is taking a ceramics class in high school her art work was there this year.  It was fun to see her piece.



2.  We have been working hard packing and cleaning this week because next week we move into our summer house.  It's not fancy it's just a little white ranch house that we bought last year but we love it!  During the school year we have college students that live there.  Our plan is to clean it out and move in next week.  Eventually G and I will move to our little white ranch house full time.  



3.  We are also in the process of buying this house to update/paint and we will use this house as a rental house.  This house has two-two bedroom apartments (one upstairs and one downstairs) .  This house looks like a wreck now but hopefully by the end of the summer we will have it in tip top shape to rent out.  Funny story-we owned this house and sold it in 2006. I wanted to get out of the rental house business when our kids were younger because we were so busy with them now that they are grown we are  getting back in it.



4.  Next weekend I am going on a trip to Washington DC with my girlfriends to see the LA Dodgers play the Nationals.  My friend V's nephew is on the Dodgers team and I am so excited to watch him play again.  We went last year to Cleveland to watch him play.  This year we are going to watch two games and do some sightseeing in DC.  I can't wait!!



5.  Tonight is our May craft night for Branch and Bloom.  We are going to be making three DIY sugar scrubs!  My friend Rachael is a sugar scrub queen so she is teaching the class.  I am looking forward to learning how to make them. 

6.  Last year I got this chalkboard letter kit and I really want to get it out and start learning how do draw on all my chalkboards.  I usually have my friend Stephanie write on my chalkboards for me but I want to learn how to do it myself.



That's my Friday favorites for this week.  I hope you have a great weekend!
xoxo

0 comments: