Friday, May 4, 2018

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday friends!!  I am SO happy it's Friday it has been a looonnnngggggg week!  Today I am teaming up with Erika, Andrea and Narci to share my Friday favorites.  This weekend I am going out with friends tonight, tomorrow G and I are doing stuff around the house and Sunday Ava is in a basketball tournament.  So this weekend will be a good mix of work and fun.  I LOVE weekends like that.  


1.  Ava started a new job last week.  She is going to work at a barbecue restaurant in our town.  Right now she is working on food prep. Last night she heated up the bread and filled up water and ice tea pitchers.  She works a few days a week and she has already received her first paycheck.  She is really liking it so far!


2.  I got Joanna's new cookbook last week and it is fabulous.  It's a beautiful book filled to the brim with beautiful pictures and  delicious recipes.  I want to make all of the recipes.  I am going to start with the chicken pot pie and homemade biscuits.  Seriously everything in this cookbook looks so good!!  


3.  Brock finished up his finals as ASU this week and Ava wore her ASU shirt to school to support her brother.  He is still working at State Farm so he will spend the summer in Arizona and he's coming home for a long visit in August.  I can't wait to see him!!


4.  I teach aqua aerobics at the Y two times per week.  Most of the ladies that come to my class are older and I have such a fun time with them.  They are so faithful about coming to classes each week.  I thought it would be fun for us to have a spring potluck after class.  So last Thursday we had a potluck dinner.  I made a ham and everyone else brought side dishes.  It was so great to be able to catch up with these ladies outside of class.  It was a favorite of my week for sure.


5.  Wednesday night was our monthly Bunco night.  This month my friend Vicki hosted.  I always love being with my friends!!


6.  Three weeks ago I started weight watchers.  My friend Faith has been really successful with weight watchers and now she's a leader.  Her meeting is on Monday evenings so I have been going to her meetings and so far I love the program... I have lost 11 lbs so far and I really enjoy making weight watchers recipes.  There are so many good recipes online I don't feel deprived at all!  I got a three month pass to weight watchers and I hope to continue on the program throughout the summer.


7.  It's finally nice weather in NY and last week my friend Sabrina and I went to our favorite farm stand to look at flowers (sadly it's too early to plant flowers outside yet) but we both got beautiful succulent baskets filled to the brim with big, beautiful succulents.  I put my basket in our sunroom where it can get a lot of light.  I just love it!




That's it for me this week!  Tonight I'm going to have a girls night with my friends, tomorrow night G and I are going to a Cinco de Mayo party and Sunday I am going to an afternoon tea party/fundraiser which should be a lot of fun!  Ava also has basketball games on Saturday and Sunday so it will be a busy weekend for us!  I hope that you've had a great week.
Xoxo

1 comments:

ap said...

Yay for kids getting jobs - I used to teach high school and none of them had jobs because they were handed everything it seriously drove me nuts! Enjoy your weekend!!!