Thursday, September 1, 2016

Life lately

It's September! For me that means the students are back and things are busier than ever at work.   


Sunday night we had a welcome event for our freshman.  My friend M and I took a picture with our mascot Red the dragon.    

 

Some of my students with Red.

 

Monday I went to book club.  We read  What Was Mine this month and it was so good!  It was about a baby who gets kidnapped at an IKEA.  The story in the book was told from three main perspectives-the birth Mom, the daughter, and the lady who took the baby and raised her.  I couldn't put it down it was a great story. 

 

As always the food and drinks were delicious at book club.

 

 

Tuesday night I made us Mason jar BBQ.  I read about this in a magazine and thought it would be fun to try.  You layer cornbread. BBQ pork, and then put coleslaw on top.  It was great.  I think this would be perfect for a party!  
 

Yesterday I canned pizza sauce with my friend J.  It is delicious and I can't wait to use it this fall/winter when we make homemade pizza.

 

I hope you've 

0 comments: