Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Coming out of the dark

Thank you, thank you, thank you for all of your support and love during this difficult time for our family.  I am overwhelmed by thoughtfulness of so many of our family, friends and co-workers.  
Each and every card, note and flower arrangement is so special and we are thankful for the outpouring of support and love that we have gotten since my Mom's death.

Everyone who knew my Mom loved her.   She had a great smile, a sense of humor, and she always was ready for fun!  I love hearing stories about my Mom from people who knew and loved her.  Those stories have been a bright spot for me during this time. 



I think about my Mom every single day and  I know that I will always grieve her loss.  It's  not something that I will get over, it's something that I will learn to live with but a piece of me is gone forever.  

Brock and Ava are  grieving her loss in their own ways.  Brock put a picture of himself with his Grandma Rose in his room.  Today Ava and I got iced teas at Starbucks and after we got them I said "cheers Ava" and I clanked my glass against hers.  She said "to Grandma Rose" I asked her why she said that and she told me that she thinks of her Grandma Rose all the time. I am going  to honor my Mom by being the best Mom that I can be to Brock and Ava they deserve only the best from me because it's what I got from my Mom. 

With love,
Angie

2 comments:

Janna said...

I'm glad you are back to blogging.. I've been so concerned for you and what you are going through. I know you have a lot of great memories with your mom and I was trying to remember some of mine. I will always remember her foster child voice and playing spoons (which I loved). Do you remember when we use to go to the quarter machine to get a coke and she thought that was code for doing drugs? Good memories.

Dana said...

Sending prayers your way. What a wonderful way to pay tribute to your mom.

Glad to see you back in the blog world. :)