Friday, October 8, 2010

Show us you Life-Kitchens!

Today Kelly's Korner Show Us Your Life is Kitchens!!  My kitchen (like every one's)  is the most important room in our house.  Our house was built in 1920 so it is also the smallest ( I guess big kitchens weren't that important in 1920??) and the first room that you walk into when you come into our house using our side door (which everyone does!). 

My biggest DIY project so far has been painting our kitchen and kitchen cabinets. I did the BIG project the week between Christmas and new years. I LOVE the way it turned out but it was a ton of work! When we moved in our kitchen was knotty pine-yuck!!! It was awful!
I love the rest of our house and the kitchen was my least favorite room. Right after we moved in Graig, my Dad and I spent a few days and painted our whole kitchen blue. I liked the way it looked for a few years but after a while I wanted a change! So right after Christmas I decided to get to work. It took a lot of work but I am SO glad I did it! I really, really like our kitchen now!







I hope you enjoyed the tour of our kitchen.  It will be fun to go through and see everyone else's kitchen!
Happy Friday!

9 comments:

Surrounded-By-Boys said...

I LOVE your open cabinets and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you have a chair in your kitchen!!! To me, that encourages your children to sit and chat with you while you are cooking, etc. (cause we all know that's where us Mama's spend our life!)

Jamie Kubeczka said...

You have a very neat kitchen. I love the cabinets!

Beth McC. said...

I love your cabinets!!! Love the color too!!

Happy Friday

Tamar SB said...

Those open cabinets have so much character - ans such a great color!

Tamar

The Gallup Family said...

I love your kitchen: your colors and decor. Beautiful!

Staci said...

I really love your open shelving and colors!

http://camachohouse.blogspot.com/

Kit said...

I love the open cabinets. The color is awesome as well!

Abramyan Avenue said...

I love the open cabinets. I've seen it in many magazines and have always admired it...I just don't think I could pull it off..I'm just not organized enough!

twinkietotmom said...

A very charming kitchen! The colors are so cozy and I love that you have no fronts to your cabinets! One way to keep yourself organized for sure :)