Monday, September 30, 2013

31 days to fitness!

I am going to join the Nester this month for her 31 day series.  Lots of bloggers will be writing about a variety of different topics each and every day during the month of October.  I loved reading about some of the 31 topics last year and I'm excited to join in as a writer this year.  I've thought a lot about what I want to write about and to be honest I don't feel like an expert in any topic but I've decided to follow my passion and write about working out.  
I started working out regularly in January of 2011 and though I'd still like to lose more weight I'm proud of the fact that I've stuck with it and it's become a part of my daily routine.  
Never in my life did I think that I would be able to run a mile.  I started couch to 5k in March of 2011 and since then I've completed 20 5k runs, a few 10ks, and 3 15k's!  In January I am going to begin training for a 1/2 marathon!  (I'm # 865, and #179)


This month I'll talk about starting and learning to maintain a fitness program.  I'll also talk about different types of exercises you can do and we will talk about weight training, eating healthy (I struggle with this daily!), and training for your first 5k race!  I also have met fabulous experts in the fitness field and they will be doing guests posts for me throughout this month.  I believe a training program should be balanced and most importantly FUN!  You are not going to stick with something you hate so this month I'll challenge you to find a training program that you love that you can stick to and be successful!  






2 comments:

Elizabeth @ Cheers, Elizabeth said...

FUN! I look forward to reading along this month and seeing these 31 days unfold!

Jenniemarie @ Another Housewife said...

Looking forward to following along.I have been on hiatus from running due to battling a year long injury followed by fear and pride. During that time I managed to gain 20 pounds. I just started running and working out again. First up on my to do list is run a 5k.