Friday, August 17, 2018

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday Friends! I'm so happy it's the weekend.  We have one weekend left before we move back home and classes start again for the fall.  I am going to try and soak up and enjoy every second of this weekend.  Before the craziness of packing and moving next week.  As always I am joining up with Erika, Narci and Andrea to share my Friday Favorites.  




1. The BEST thing that happened this week was having Brock home.   It was so much fun-we laughed, ate good food and celebrated his 21st birthday.  We even went to NYC for an overnight trip to see the Yankees play a game.  It was a great week and it went by way too fast. I'm so happy that he's happy.   He LOVES Arizona and is working really hard at his full time job at State Farm and going to school full time at Arizona State.  It's crazy to me that he's all grown up.  He is doing great and we couldn't be more proud of him.





2.  My dear friend Stephanie had a birthday this week and we celebrated by going out to dinner Sunday night.  We went to an Italian place in Cooperstown that had the most amazing homemade pasta.  We each ordered something different and shared them all. It was a night of fun, friendship and delicious food.   Happy birthday Stephanie!!




3.  Last week Rachael and I taught a small group of women who were at a week long camp for adults (how fun would that be?) how to make mercury glass.  These are so easy to do and we had such a fun time.  I hope to do a full tutorial on DIY mercury glass votives soon.


4.  In August I love canning and freezing fruits and vegetables for the winter.  So far this year I have made freezer corn.  I used this recipe.  I just left out the sugar because I thought the corn was sweet enough without it.  The corn is from my Father-in law's garden and it is SO good.  We all love it!  I hope to make some strawberry freezer jam this weekend.  



5.  Tonight I am going to hear one of my favorite authors-Margaret Atwood-speak in Cooperstown.  She wrote two books that I read ( The Handmaids Tale and Alias Grace) both have become TV shows in the past couple of years.  I have been looking forward to her talk all summer and I can't wait to hear her speak.  


I hope you have a great weekend!
Xoxo

0 comments: