Monday, August 6, 2018

Weekend Update

Time flies when you are having fun!  Oh my goodness I can't believe we are already in to August. Where has the summer gone?  We've had a lot of fun times and have spent a lot of time working on our rental house

We have a few more fun things planned this summer...including Brock coming home tomorrow-yay!! 

Friday was my sister Shelby's 40th birthday!  I hate that she lives in Texas and we didn't get to celebrate in person but we face timed so that was nice.  Happy birthday Shelby!!


Ava and I went with my friend Sabrina and her daughter to a waterfall and swimming hole about an hour away from our house.  We like to take little adventures with our girls in the summer and this was so fun!  We went here for local peeps :)  We spent the afternoon exploring and swimming and just having old fashioned summer fun. 




Ava and I took a quick trip to our small county fair.  I loved taking our kids when they were little and I am glad Ava wanted to go this year.  We got a funnel cake and a lemonade walked around the floral and food exhibits (my favorite!), toured the animal bars and rode a few rides. We took a pic on the Tilt-a-Whirl.  


Saturday at I helped my friend Stephanie get ready for a surprise 50th birthday party for her husband.  She had the party in their backyard and it was the perfect setting for his party.  




The best part about the whole party was that he was so suprised!  I am so happy she was able to pull it off.


It was a great night-lots of good food (catered from Moe's!) and good friends!





Sunday afternoon I went to an outdoor concert to hear my friend Julia's son play.  He has just started singing live (this was his second show and the first one Julia has seen) and I wanted to go and listen to him and support Julia.  I can't imagine how stressed out she was for him-omg!  Every summer a couple of families host a series of concerts on their land where a tornando came through about 20 years ago.  People bring picnic baskets and just listen to music.  I have never been before but I definitely want to go again! 





 I hope you had a fabulous weekend!!
Xoxo

0 comments: