Wednesday, July 25, 2018

What's Up Wednesday {July}

Today I am linking up with Shay, Sheaffer and Mel What's Up Wednesday.  This summer has flown by I can't believe it's almost the end of June. I am trying to soak up every.single.minute end enjoy my free time with friends and my family. I haven't done this link up in a few months but you can see my past What's Up Wednesday posts below






What we're eating this week...I'm still chugging along with Weight Watchers. I have lost almost 25 lbs so far.  It's an easy program when you stick to it. There have been a lot of parties, dinners out, social events, etc and I don't always eat as healthy as I should.  We grill out chicken breasts almost every night and I eat those with salad and grilled vegetables a lot.  This summer for breakfast I have been having watermelon with feta cheese.  I bring it almost every day to work and it is delicious. I love the sweet and salty combo.  



What I'm reminiscing about...all the fun I've had this summer!  I have had some great times and I am so thankful for this slow season to hang out with my friends and family in the sunshine.  






What I'm loving...staying up late sitting outside with G after a long day.  We sit in chairs in our front yard and just talk about our day and it's really nice.  


What we've been up to...last week Ava and I went on a road trip with our neighbors and we drove to Cleveland to see Taylor Swift.  That was so much fun!  Also my dear friend Melany and her daughter and son visited our town last week. They moved to Florida and I miss them so so much!!  




What I'm dreading...Thankfully nothing right now-ha ha!

What I'm working on...our rental house!!  See yesterday's long post all about it here.  

What I'm excited about...next month Brock is coming home for a week!  He came at the same time last year and it was perfect.  I am looking forward to hanging out with him and just enjoying him being home. We are going to take a little family trip to NYC to watch a Yankee game while he is here which I think he will love.  He also turns 21 while he is here so we are planning a cookout for him on his birthday.


What I'm watching/reading...One of my favorite shows, The Handmaid's Tale,  just finished a couple of weeks ago.  The season finale was intense.  OMG I can't believe I have to wait a whole year to find out what's going to happen next.  

I also just finished reading The Sound of Gravel about a girl who grew up in a polygamist family in Mexico.  It was one of the best books I have read all year and I can't stop thinking about it.  The writer who is about my age shares stories and memories from growing up in that unique environment.  Her stories about growing up in extreme poverty,  being sexual abused by her stepfather, caring for family members with mental and psychiatric issues and taking care of her young siblings broke my heart.  


What I'm doing this weekend...my bff Rachael and I are hosting our annual summer soiree on her porch.  We have had this party for three years and it's always so fun!  We are going to have lots of delicious appetizers and good drinks.  It's going to be a great night.  I will also be working at our rental house.  

What I'm looking forward to next month...Brock will be home for a week next month and I can't wait!  He's turning 21 and we have some fun things planned while he is home.  

What else is new...that's it...I am just trying to soak up every bit of sun and summer fun.  

That's it for me today.  I hope you have a fabulous Wednesday!
xoxo

1 comments:

ap said...

Ahhh those evenings just sitting and relaxing are the best! Your month sounds great! I hope your August is as well.