Thursday, July 5, 2018

Happy Birthday America!!

We had a fabulous 4th of July!  We ate a lot of delicious food, spent some time with some fabulous friends and just had a really great day being outside in the beautiful sunshine.  

Ava and I started the day by marching in our town's annual 4th of July parade.  It held at noon and was blazing hot.  We passed out stickers and candy to promote the annual Pit Run that happens in October.  


Right after the parade Ava and I went and had lunch with my friend Sabrina and her family and then we went swimming for the afternoon.  It was in the high 90's and it was a great way to spend the afternoon. 


After swimming we raced home and I got ready to go to a concert at Ommegang. Before the concert we dropped off our husbands to play cards and had snacks at my friend M's house.  


We had dinner before the concert at the Red Shed.  We sat outside and had amazing grilled cheese, french fries and mozzarella sticks-you know super healthy food-ha ha!


After dinner we headed to the concert it was a beautiful night to be outside and listen to music.  We ran into my sister in law Anne at the concert.  I always love seeing her and I got to see her Dad who is visiting from Michigan.  


I decorated a table in our little back porch for 4th of July.  I wanted to do a whole post on my decorating for the 4th but I didn't have time this year.  Anyway, as usual I love decorating for holidays and the 4th of July is no different.   I've had my 4th of July decorations for years and I get them out every year.  I add little American flags to plants and the star banner and flag plates I got at TJ Maxx years ago.  




I hope you and yours had a fabulous 4th!!
Xoxo

0 comments: