Friday, July 20, 2018

Friday Favorites

Today I'm linking up with AndreaNarci and Erika to share my Friday favorites.  I have a fun boat day planned to celebrate my friend Julia's 50th birthday!  G and Ava are headed to a basketball tournament and as always I hope to get a few things done around our house. 


Here are my favorites from this week!

1.  My neighbor Heidi and I took our girls to see Taylor Swift in Cleveland on Tuesday night.  It was a fun road trip and we had a great time.  I took Ava and she took her two daughters and a friend.  We left early and got to Cleveland in time to walk around the campus of CWRU.  Heidi's friend is the basketball coach there and he showed us all of the athletic facilities.  




After our campus tour we checked into our hotel and took an uber to downtown Cleveland.  Our plan was to eat dinner by the stadium but there were SO many people and the security lines were so long to get into the stadium that we decided just to go straight to the stadium and eat there.  

I took lots and lots of pictures at the concert.  We had terrible seats in the very top level but we still had a great time and sang and danced to every single song.  

We took some snap chat pics while waiting in the long security line.  :)

Once you got though security you got a white bracelet to wear.  This bracelet lit up to different colors and in time with this music throughout the show.  I have never seen that before at a concert and it was so neat!  In the second picture below you can see all of the bracelets lit up during the show.  


I heard that Taylor Swift puts on an amazing show and she did not disappoint!  She had a huge stage and two smaller stages out in the crowd that she ziplined to in a carriage and fabulous back up dancers.  It was such a fun night and our girls had a great time!  





Wednesday we ate lunch  in Little Italy in Cleveland which was delicious and then we raced home because I had another concert to go to!  On Monday my friend Betty said she had an extra ticket for a front row seat to Mary Chapin-Carpenter and asked if I wanted to go.  I was tired from our trip but Mary C-C was one of my favorite country singers growing up so I was thrilled to go!





2.  My dear friend Melany and her daughter have been in NY visiting our town for a week and I have loved getting together with her.  Yesterday we went to the lake to swim and kayak.  I miss her so much and it's been great catching up.




3.  We are more than 1/2 way through our summer baseball rentals!  Summer is truly flying by.  Our renters last week left us this cute note on the chalkboard in our kitchen.  We only have 5 more weeks of renters left!



I hope you've had a great week!

Xox

0 comments: