Wednesday, February 28, 2018

What's Up Wednesday {February edition}

Today I am linking up with ShayMel, and Shaeffer for  What's Up Wednesday where we share random things that we've been up to this month. February flew by!  I can't believe it's almost the end of the month. Ava had her first full month back in the United States after being in the Czech Republic for a semester and Graig was busy reffing basketball games.  I had a few fun things this month plus I was sick for a week...that was awful!

You can see my other WUW posts here.


What we're eating this week-This week I made my first ever Chicken Pad Thai at home!  It was so delicious.  I made it Sunday night and we have been eating leftovers this week.  It was so good!  I used a sauce from Aldi and then I cooked chicken in my crockpot.  I cooked the rice noodles on the stove and then mixed everything together in my wok. I will definitely be making this again soon!



Ava and I also made Homemade Blizzards this month!!  They were SO good.  I got the recipe from this blog and there were so fun and so easy to make!

Also I made my Saturday snacks...











What I'm reminiscing about-My fun girls trip to Florida.   You can read about our trip here.  I went in January and I wish we were there again now.  We are getting another big snow storm on Friday-ugh.    I'm ready for spring!

What I'm loving-Podcasts!  I listen to them all the time-in the car, at home when I'm cleaning or getting ready for work. There are so many that I am loving right now but my favorites right now are...

Slow Burn-all about Richard Nixon and his involvement  and eventual resignation because of the Watergate Break in. The break in happened in June 1972 and he resigned from the Presidency on August 9,1974 after it was clear he was soon to be impeached because of the scandal.


Dirty John-is all about an incredibly talented interior designer and the man she falls in love with and eventually marries.  It starts out like a fairy tale romance but he turns out to be a big time con man...he told her all sorts of lies including that he was an accomplished Anesthesiologist.  I couldn't stop listening to this one..  It was so good!

I just started listening to the Patty has a gun podcast which is all about the Patty Hearst kidnapping that happened in 1974.  I have only listed to three episodes but I am hooked! 


I also love The History Chicks.  This is a podcast about women in American history.  Each episode is meticulously researched and they share so much information in a fun and interesting way so I love listening.   I just listened to the two episodes about Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis and I learned so much about her and her life from the podcast.


What we've been up to-just like always trying to balance it all--family, work, friends, volunteer stuff. Last night we went to watch G ref in a sectional game.  He loves reffing and it was fun for Ava and I to see him in action.



What I'm dreading-thankfully nothing right now!

What I'm working on-just normal things nothing crazy or too exciting. 

What I'm excited about-Ava is turning 16 next month!!  I can't believe it.  We are going to take a little trip together and she will have a small party with her friends.



What I'm watching/reading-I read Bear Town this month for my bookclub.  It was so good.  It was the only book I read this month and I really enjoyed it.  I am planning on doing a post on it tomorrow.



What I'm listening to-Podcasts-ha ha!  See above. 

What I'm wearing-sweatshirts, coats, hats, boots, gloves-it's been so cold here and I am ready for spring!

What I'm doing this weekend-I have the annual Mardi Gras gala to support the Boys and Girls club.  I'm on the committee the plans it and it is going to be a blast!!  Also my friend is hosting an Oscar party Sunday.  Last year I hosted and I'm happy that my dear friend Amy is taking over the hosting duties this year!

What I'm looking forward to next month-I'm going to the Philadelphia flower show with my friend Jenn.  We went last year and had a blast so I'm looking forward to going with her again.  You can see my post from last year here

What else is new-Brock moved into a new apartment yesterday in North Scottsdale, AZ and I can't wait to see pics of it.  He texted us an said he was all moved in and that he would send pics soon. 

Happy Wednesday!!

Xoxo

0 comments: