Monday, January 15, 2018

Anna Maria Island {BFF trip 2018}

Four years ago my two best girlfriends moved to Florida.  One moved to Orlando with her family and the other moved to St.Petersburg with her family.  So for the past three years my three dear friends and I fly  from NY  to Florida to spend a long weekend together.  





















We laugh, eat great food and just all catch up with each other.  It is so much fun and I look forward to this time together with them all year.



Two years ago we went to Daytona Beach.  You can read about that trip here and here.  Last year we went to Treasure Island.  You can read about that trip here and this year we went to Anna Maria island.  It was so beautiful!!!




















We rented a house close the the beach.  It was only in the 50’s every day but it was much warmer than our -5 degrees at home.











We got some groceries to have at our house but we went out to eat for most of our meals.

We also spent a lot of time walking on the beach which was chilly but so beautiful.




Our house came with bikes so we went on a bike ride around the island.  I loved doing that!  So many people had bikes on the island.  It was a great way to get around.



Saturday was my 42nd birthday.  We woke up early and took a walk on the beach.  We spent the day hanging out and eating good snacks.  We went to a nice dinner at the SandBar restaurant in the evening.  It was the perfect day!



























If you ever find yourself inAnna Maria island here  are some of the places we went.

-Rod and Reel pier- Delicious for lunch and dinner. We went for dinner and the grouper was amazing!  I highly recommend. This restaurant is at the end of the pier and people fish off the pier.  Everyone was so friendly!  



-SandBar restaurant-We went for drinks on Friday night and for my birthday dinner Saturday night.  Delicious seafood and wonderful Pina Colodas. This restaurant is right on the beach and has the cutest little gift shop. 



-Hurricane Hanks -We went for Sunday brunch.   Great food and bottomless mimosas.  My friends got eggs benedict and I got a taco salad.  So good!!



-Waterfront restaurant- We went for dinner on Sunday night and we sat on the deck. It was chilly but they had the fireplace going and the heaters on.  The drink menu was amazing (I had a jalapeño margarita}  and the menu was extensive.  For dinner I got grouper tacos.  



I love this yearly tradition with my friends and I hope it continues for many years to come!

Xoxo





0 comments: