Friday, January 5, 2018

Friday Favorites

Happy first week of 2018!  I just love the beginning of the year.  I love making resolutions and the hope that a new year brings. Today I’m linking up to ErikaNarci and Andrea to share my Friday Favorites.

My favorite this this week is that our Ava is coming home from the Czech Republic this month.  I can’t wait to see her and to have her home. G and I miss her like crazy and our house feels so empty without her here.  She has struggled with homesickness since she got to the Czech Republic and after 4.5 months she says it’s not getting better so we decided to end her exchange early. It was a tough decision and it’s not one we made lightly.  It will be good to have her home with us.  


Next week I’m going with five of my best girlfriends to Anna Maria Island in Florida.  Three of my friends from NY are going- Rachael, Sabrina and Stephanie and we are meeting our friends Melany and Sara who live in Florida.  Melany and Sara moved with their families to Florida from NY three years ago.  Since they moved I go down one a year to visit them.  This is a pic of us last year on our trip.  


I finally finished my sisters hometown sign.  I loved the way it turned out.  I need to get this in the mail to her this weekend.



It is bitterly cold here and that puts me in the mood to bake.  I made this delicious homemade bread for us this week.  I ate it with homemade strawberry jelly for breakfast this morning and it was AMAZING!



I got this book and I’m learning all about making homemade breads and pizza dough.  There are a lot of good tips and tricks as well as some great recipes in this book.  I am just starting to read it but when I’m finished I will do a post on it.



Another favorite this week  is my Gretchen Rubin page a day calendar.  You all know I am a HUGE Gretchen Rubin fan and when I saw this calendar I had to get it.  Every day there is a bit of wisdom or a happiness hack that you can use in your life.  I know 2018 just started but I am
loving this calendar!  

That’s it for me this week I hope you have a fabulous weekend!  I have a few fun things planned and I hope to do some relaxing too. 

Xoxo

1 comments:

Shooting Stars Mag said...

What a fun calendar! I love Gretchen Rubin too. I hope your upcoming trip is a lot of fun. I could really use somewhere warm right about now. haha

I'm sorry your daughter's homesick never got better, but having her come home early sounds like the best decision!

-Lauren
www.shootingstarsmag.net