Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Mistletoe Madness

Saturday I co-hosted a Mistletoe Madness Swap Party with my friend Karen.  We invited our friends to come and we asked them to bring three gently used items to “swap.”  Since everyone is organizing and decluttering at this time during the year we thought it was a great time to have a party.


We had three separate categories for our swap items.
1. Item for the home 
2. Item you can wear
3. Mystery item 



I wasn’t good at taking pictures of the stuff that I brought but for “something for the home”. I brought a large candle holder. I brought a scarf for “something to wear” and for the “mystery items” I brought a random assortment of home decor items. 



My friends got an assortment of fun items at the party.  Vicki got a pampered chef slicer and my  Julie got a margarita maker which I definitely will be borrowing this summer! ☀️





I ended up with a cross body purse, lotion, a candle and a bracelet.  



Here is a close up of the purse it was from thirty-one and it’s brand new!  I love the gray color and I’m going to take it when I go to Florida later this week.



The party was so fun we are planning another one this summer!



We did our invitation a month in advance so people could think about what items they wanted to swap.  We provided snacks and drinks and drew numbers at the beginning of each round to pick the items.  It was honestly so fun.  I got rid of items I didn’t want and I got some cute new things from the swap.

I can’t wait until our next one!

Xoxo

0 comments: