Saturday, January 13, 2018

Saturday Snack {Sausage Jalapeño Bites}

I made these tasty little treats last Saturday for the swap party.  They are a variation of the Jalapeño poppers I made last week.  The filling is the same but this time for the base I used mini Fillo Shells.



Sausage Jalapeño Bites 

1 lb. breakfast sausage (I used reduced fat)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 block of cream cheese (I used reduced fat)
2 jalapeños seeded and chopped 

Cook sausage until brown and crumbly.  Drain the fat. Cut and chop  jalapeños (make sure you remove the seeds).  Add all ingredients to kitchenaid mixer and mix on a low speed for a couple of minutes to combine.  Add a spoonful of the mixture to each mini fillo cup. Pace filled fillo cups on baking sheet and cook at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes.  

I use my mixer to make combining  all the ingredients together easy.  



These are the fillo cups I get.  They are pre-baked and they are perfect for these bite sized appetizers. 
This appetizer is so easy to make and is so delicious!

I hope you enjoy. 

Xoxo



0 comments: