Monday, February 27, 2017

Impromptu Oscar Party

Last night I hosted an impromptu, informal Oscar party and it was lots of fun!  I love the Oscars and I really tried to see all the movies that were nominated this year.  Sadly I didn't get to see Moonlight but I am hoping to see it soon.  My friend V usually hosts a fancy Oscar party this year she couldn't so I hosted a casual party.  We had a great time.  

My neighbor and friend Kelly's twin sister was AT the Oscars!!   Kelly is next to me in the glasses.  She is an animator for a Disney.  She sent us pics of herself on the red carpet and we sent her this picture of us on my red couch 😂

 

I served Oscartinis as the signature drink.  They were delicious. 

 

I printed ballots and we voted on our favorite films.  

 

Vicki brought this amazing cake from NYC.  It was angel food and it tasted delicious. 

 

I made homemade popcorn and bought movie sized boxes of candy for snacks.  I thought it was a cute idea and my friends loved it. 
  
 

On our chalkboard I added a little poll and had my friends vote for their favorite movie.  

 

I was really hoping Hidden Figures would win best picture.  This was my favorite Oscar moment from last night.  I loved that the real Katherine Johnson got to come and be at the Oscars. 

 

It was a fun night!  I'm glad I had the party.  Sometimes last minute parties are the best.
Xoxo

0 comments: