Saturday, February 4, 2017

Saturday Snack {Caramel popcorn}

Around here wee loooovvveeee our snacks so I decided to start a new series called Saturday snack.  On Saturday's  I'll share a snack recipe that I've made.  


This week I made some delicious Caramel Corn to take to a birthday party later today.  It was easy to put together and soooooooo good!

 

It's SO amazing!  You have to try it. We love it so much. Hope it makes it to the birthday party 😂

 Here is the recipe:

Cooking Spray

4 quarts popped popcorn

1 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup Light OR Dark Corn Syrup

1/2 cup butter OR margarine

1/2 teaspoon salt

1/2 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon  Pure Vanilla Extract


Spray large shallow roasting pan with cooking spray. Add popcorn and place in preheated 250 degrees F oven while preparing caramel.  Mix brown sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt in a heavy 2-quart saucepan. Stirring constantly, bring to a boil over medium heat.Boil 5 minutes without stirring. Remove from heat. Stir in baking soda and vanilla; mix well. Pour syrup over warm popcorn, stirring to coat evenly. Bake for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from oven and spread on foil that has been sprayed with cooking spray.  Cool; break apart. Store in tightly covered container.

Here are some tips:


I used fresh, stove top popcorn.  

 

I washed out my popcorn pan and used the same pan to make my caramel.

 

I also covered my baking sheets with foil before I put my caramel corn in the oven.

 

Here's the finished caramel corn.  I think my friends  are going to love it!

 

Happy Saturday 
Xoxo 

0 comments: