Monday, February 13, 2017

Sunday Supper {chicken parmesan and breadsticks}

Yesterday we were all snowed in so we spent the afternoon playing in the snow and then we came in and had a delicious dinner. We all love chicken parmesan so I decided to try to make it at home.

Chicken parmesan is a heavy dish and to make it a little lighter I used a skinny taste recipe.  I really liked this recipe and my family loved it too.   Since we were snowed in I had time to make homemade bread to go with our meal  It was a real treat!



I used my own homemade marina for the sauce.

Angie's marina
1/4 onion finely chopped
garlic ( to taste I used 4 cloves)
1/4 cup sugar
2- 28 ounce cans diced tomatoes (tuttorosso is best)
basil to taste ( I used the squeeze tube from the grocery store since there was no fresh basil to be had)
1 t oregano
1 t onion powder
1 T salt

Cook onion in olive oil for 3 minutes, add garlic and cook for one minute stirring often, then add tomatoes and seasonings and simmer on stove for 2-3 hours stirring often.

I made the bread dough this morning in my mixer.


The bread-sticks were SO amazing and tasted very similar to Olive Garden's bread sticks!  I will make these again for sure!


 

It was a perfect snow day meal!
xoxo

0 comments: