Sunday, February 12, 2017

Valentine's Day 2017

We had a great Valentine's Day!  My Dad turned 70 yesterday so I talked to him in the morning to wish him a happy birthday.  We are going to celebrate as a family when we get together next month in Florida. 


 

I set our Valentine's table early so we could enjoy it for breakfast and dinner. 

 

 

 

For  breakfast I made heart shaped pancakes on the griddle.

 

 

 

For dinner G picked up pizza and wings on his way home from work so we had that.  We also gave  the girls their Valentine's Day gifts.  

 

On Tuesday's I teach two fitness classes at the Y so o made healthy paleo muffins for my classes as treats. 

 

 

Here's the recipe if you want to make them for yourself.

Paleo Muffins 

8 eggs
4 bananas
1/2 cup almond butter
A splash of vanilla

Mix all ingredients with a mixer for 5 minutes and then pour into muffin tins.  I usually eat these for breakfast and  use extra large muffin tins and this recipe makes 6.  This time I used a bundt pan and cut them into smaller pieces so I could get the 18 slices I needed for my classes.  

I hope you had a great Valentine's Day!
Xoxo

0 comments: