Saturday, February 3, 2018

Saturday Snack {Mexican Street Corn}

Last night my friend Heather and I went to a cooking class in Albany.  It was her birthday present to me and it was the perfect gift because I love cooking.  The cooking school we went to has a ton of classes.  I’ve done other classes there before and I always love going because I learn something new every single time.  I picked a Mexican class for us to do for my birthday.







 Our teacher was so great.  She was laid back and super helpful and it made for a fun experience.  She teaches a lot of the ethnic classes so I’d love to go back and take another one of her classes.




 We made so many things including-a Mexican salad, smoky black beans, lime chicken, homemade corn tortillas,  salsa and guacamole.  My absolute favorite thing we made however was the Mexican street corn.  It was absolutely delicious and I will be making it this summer for barbecues.




Here is the recipe.  I will be adding this to my recipe book and making this one a lot!!!   Since it’s winter we used frozen corn and it came out super yummy.  I think it would be delicious with fresh corn in the summer.  The Mexican Chocolate pudding was good too.  I’m just not a chocolate lover so it wasn’t my favorite thing we made. 




Here are some pictures of the other things we made. 
Top left-salsa
Top middle-Lime Chicken sauce
Top left-Lime Chicken after we puréed and cooked the chicken Bottom left-Smokey black beans Bottom right-Guacamole


Our favorite part was making homemade tortillas.  It really is an art.  We spent a lot of time trying to make them and I still have a lot to learn.  I was super tempted to buy the tortilla press but I resisted.  I honestly think I’ll just buy corn tortillas in the store. It was fun making them though. 


After we cooked everything we sat down and had a feast!  Here is my plate. 



It was a great night!!

Xoxo


0 comments: