Thursday, February 15, 2018

Crafty Wednesday {Mardi Gras and Valentines Decorations}

Happy Valentines Day!!!

Today is my Dad’s birthday.  I know he reads here sometimes-so Happy Birthday Dad.  I wish I was in Illinois so I could celebrate with you ❤️❤️


We don’t do much for Valentines Day. Restaurants are so busy tonight so we are going to stay home and order take out  and I made a heart shaped desert for us.  After dinner at home G and I are going to see the Three Billboards movie.  I’m trying to see all of the movies nominated for Best Picture for the Oscars.  After tonight I have three more to watch-yay!


Since Mardi Gras ended yesterday I made us a King Cake (with Rice Krispie treats) which was SO good.  Ava and I actually ate some for breakfast and then I took the rest to work for my co-workers.



  
I do very simple decorations for Valentines Day.  For small holidays I decorate the Hutch in our dining room.  It's fun and festive and it's a simple way to celebrate a holiday.  I have had my Valentine Decorations for years.  I didn't get anything new this year I just used things I have used in past years.  


My favorite Valentine decorations are the mailboxes I made for Brock and Ava when they were younger.  When they were younger I would put Valentine Treats for them in the mailboxes.  


This year I turned my Christmas countdown calendar into a Valentine countdown calendar for Ava.  I bought this countdown calendar from my fabulous friend Sabrina at my annual Holiday Market.  


A few years ago I bought a heart garland on Etsy.  I love getting it out every year.


A few months ago I made a vertical planter for our dining room.  I usually have potted plants in it but before Christmas I added some boxwood and pine cones.  For Valentines I added some sparkly hearts to make that little area of our dining room festive.


I hope you and yours have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

Xoxo


0 comments: