Saturday, March 4, 2017

Mardi Gras Gala

 

Last night our Boys and Girls club had a Mardi Gras gala.  It was a beautiful night and I had so much fun! I was on the committee that planned it.  The super talented art teachers at the club spent weeks making beautiful decorations and last  week we spent a few nights decorating    The night turned out better than I could have imagined.  Everyone had a great time and the gym was completely transformed .   

For the event the lights were turned off  but since I set up I got a few pictures of the venue before the event.  We tied gold fabric around the chairs.  I thought that was a nice touch and made them really sparkle.  

 

 

We decorated with tons of ferns and moss.  We wanted people to feel like they were in the French Quarter.
.  
 

Following Mardi Gras tradition, we had a queen and king cake and crowned the winners who had the babies in their piece of cake.

 

 
 
We had a fun photo booth set up.  Here I am with our planning committee in our masks.

 

We got a lot of use out of the photo booth :-)

 

It was a fun event!!  I had to leave at 9 to go home and get some rest because bright and early (3:45 early 😬) I left to go to the airport this morning  to meet my Dad, sister and Brock at Disney!  

Xoxo 

0 comments: