Tuesday, March 28, 2017

What's Up Wednesday

Today I am linking up to Shay, Mel and Shaeffer for What's Up Wednesday.  I always love this link up so you can see what I've been up to and I love reading what other people have been doing.  March  FLEW by!  Two highlights are that I went to Florida and our Ava turned 15.  We have also been busy getting ready to move into our summer house in May.  

What we're eating this week....
Sunday my friend V and I made homemade pasta.  It was SO fun but it took HOURS!  I'm so glad we don't have to make homemade pasta every time we want pasta!   I also made a delicious homemade Rosemary Parmesan bread.  I will post the recipe for the bread this weekend.

 
 

What I'm reminiscing about...my trip to Florida.  I had the best time and it's been so cold and nasty here I wish I could go back!

 

What I'm loving....
Amazon prime!  Hello I know everyone had this years ago but we just got on board.  You can buy anything on Amazon.  I am totally hooked!

What we've been up to....
We've been getting our house ready for the summer.  We are renting our house out to families that are coming to our town  for baseball camp this summer.  We used a rental company and have all 13 weeks booked!  We bought a smaller house near the college where we work and that's where we will live this summer.  Here are two pictures from our current house that was used in our online listing.

 

 

What I'm dreading... I have 4 jobs and sometime it's tough to balance it all.  I work full time at the college, I'm a fitness instructor at the Y, I work part time for a small non profit in our town and I have Branch and Bloom.  Big things are happening at each one and I want to make sure I'm giving my all to each of them.  It's tough sometimes to manage everything!

What I'm working on.... When I went to the Philadelphia flower show I went to a workshop on succulent jewelry.  I got all of the supplies and I am going to make myself a succulent bracelet for two events I have this weekend.  Here is a necklace from that workshop.  Isn't it goregous?

 

What I'm excited about.....my dear friend Sabrina and I are planning a little spring break trip for us and our girls.  We are going to go to Washington DC to see the sights.  

What I'm watching/reading....I have ordered so many books from Amazon (see above-ha ha) these are two of my favorites. I read We Were The Lucky Ones for my book group this month.  I couldn't put it down.  It was SO good.  The book was about a Jewish family and their extraordinary struggles during WW2.  They were all split up but they all managed to survive.  I love this book because it's based on a true story.  I know this will be one of my favorites from 2017.  

 

I also just got this book on the recommendation from my favorite podcast.  I can't wait to read it! 

 

What I'm listening to.....speaking of podcasts.  I've been listening to a lot of them.  My three favorites are Lore, Happier and Slow Flowers. I listen to podcasts when I'm in the car and I'm obsessed.  I love them!  
 

 

 

What I'm wearing...we are still wearing our winter clothes-ughhhhh!  I'm ready for spring!

What I'm doing this weekend...I have a happy hour, a fundraiser for the Y, a walk for SADD, and a fundraiser for hospice on the calendar for this weekend.  It will be a fun filled weekend!  I'm going to enjoy it because next weekend G and I are planning on painting and cleaning our house to get it ready for tenants. 

What I'm looking forward to next month...our spring break trip to Washington DC!

What else is going on... My dear friends Jenn, Rachael  and I collaborating on a few fun events this spring.  We are planning a Farm Retreat in May at Jenn's farm.  She teaches yoga so at the retreat we will do two yoga classes, enjoy a farm fresh healthy lunch and make a windowsill herb garden.  

 

In April and June we are hosting Plant and Pose classes which is a shorter version of the farm retreat.  Participants will take one yoga class and then make a succulent hypertufa.    We are excited about all of our upcoming classes! 

 

Jenn and I are also doing a strength challenge that starts today!  We both want to get stronger and leaner and I think this challenge is just what we need!  We did our two rep maximums to see where we are starting from and we have our orientation today.  I'll keep you posted on our progress.  

 

I can't wait to hear about what everyone had been up to this month.  March was good to us.  I can't wait to see what April brings.
Xoxo
  

1 comments:

Kelsey said...

Amazon Prime is the best!!! Making pasta from scratch would be fun to do once I think but I'm so glad we can buy it pre-made!
Kelsey
www.thepeacockroost.com