Friday, March 24, 2017

Friday Favorites

Today I am linking up with ErikaNarci and Andrea to share my Friday favorites.  I am soooo happy it's Friday!  This is s BIG weekend for me I am coordinating a leadership conferencefor students this weekend and we have a few fun things planned for our little family.   



This weekend I am coordinating a leadership conference named in honor of my mentor who passed away in 2009.  I've spent a lot of time putting this conference together this year  and I'm thrilled this weekend is finally here!  

Yesterday Ava and I went to hear Anne give her talk on Denmark at the Rotary meeting.  Anne made chocolate Danish cookies for her presentation and they were so good!
My friends Rachael, Jenn and I are organizing two "plant and pose" events at Jenn's farm.  We are so excited!  At this event  people will come to the farm and take a yoga class with Jenn and then Rachael and I will help them plant a succulent to take home.  
I saw this quote online and I love it!  I'm trying really hard to give everyone and everything in my life some love and attention and this quote helps me to remember I can't help anyone if I'm not filling up my cup.  So lately I've been filling up my own cup by taking time for myself-reading, working out, doing yoga and being creative are the little ways I've been filling my own cup.
 
I got this little beauty at the Philadelphia garden show.  It's a maiden hair fern  and they are known for being very finicky houseplants. This blog shares some hilarious tips about taking take of this diva of a houseplant.   
 
I've also been growing succulents.  I cut stems from some succulent plants that I have and put them in water. After a few weeks they grow roots (you can see them in this picture) and now I'll plant them in a pot with soil and I'll have a new succulent plant :-). 
 
I got this new book in the mail yesterday.  I've been following Clean Mama's blog for years and I'm excited to read her newest book.  I love reading books on cleaning and organizing.  I can't wait to see what good tips are in this new book. 
 
In addition to the conference this weekend-Ava has a basketball game, we have a going away party for a friend, we are going to Graig's referee dinner and I'm going to try and make homemade pasta.  It's going to be a busy and FUN weekend ahead.

I hope you've had a great week!  
Xoxo

0 comments: