Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Crafty Wednesday {Mardi Gras}

Yesterday we celebrated the last day of Mardi Gras!  I decorated the table with a few beads, and Christmas balls we had laying around the house.  The girls and I also made a king krispie cake.  I got the recipe from the Dixie Delights blog.  She has so many cute ideas!  


I also decorated our chalkboard :-). 

 

Here is our king krispie cake!  It's just Rice Krispie treats I shaped to look like a regular king cake.

 

I made the colored sugars using regular sugar and a few drops of food coloring.

 

Here's our Mardi Gras table!   I love celebrating all holidays big and little.  

 

 

I'm going to use these same decorations for book club tonight then I'll take them down and put them away until next year.  

My Mardi Gras celebration will continue until Saturday because the Boys and Girls Club in my town is doing a Mardi Gras gala.  I am on the planning committee and it has been a lot of work but it's also been so much fun.  We are going to start decorating tomorrow.  

 

Today is Ash Wednesday.  Ava and I are going to go to Mass today on campus.  I decided to give up My beloved Diet Coke for Lent.   It will be hard but it's a vice I need to get over.  I'll let you know how it goes. 😬

Xoxo


0 comments: