Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Our weekend and fall decor!

I can't believe it's already Wednesday!  This week is flying by. Tonight we have Brock's 10th grade open house.  We get to go to his different class rooms and meet his 10th grade teachers.  It should be a fun night!  I felt so connected to his elementary school teachers because I saw them almost every day.  Once he got to middle school and now high school I don't know most of his teachers so I look forward to this night to be able to meet them and to see what Brock's day is like in high school.  

Speaking of Brock he made a little money over the weekend by umpiring two little league baseball games.  He was in the field and Graig was behind the plate umping.  It was SO cold.  Poor Brock had about 5 layers on :( 
Ava had a soccer game on Saturday and she played goalie.  Thankfully she stopped about 3 goals from being scored! 

I have been doing some more fall decorating at home. 

These two little fall touches are on the top of my dining room hutch. 

Here is a picture of our whole hutch.  I LOVE my orange (fiesta red) pitcher. 

Here is a close up of my fiesta pitcher.   Love, love love it!!

I love the fall garland that I use every year in our dining room light.  I leave it up until Thanksgiving.  I really like "fall" decorations instead of Halloween or Thankgiving focused decor. 

This is the shelf in our living room.  I always try to do something to spice it up for the holidays.  I made that rag wreath last fall and I added a subway art to a frame that I already had. 


It is suppose to turn chilly and rain this week. One thing I want to try this week is the broccoli cheese soup recipe from Panera that is on pinterest. I found this recipe and I can't wait to try it!


1 comments:

Michelle said...

The kids are getting SO big! I miss you all. That soup looks great, if I lived closer I would invite myself over for dinner!