Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Dream Kitchen

We are taking our house off the market this week.  I am thrilled!  I am SO sick of showings and all of the other stress that goes along with trying to sell a house.  When the house that we wanted to buy was sold to someone else I pretty much lost all interest in moving.  We put a lot of work into getting it ready to sell so Graig wanted to keep it on the market and now he's sick of having it on the market too. Thank goodness!

One of the main reasons that I wanted to sell our house is that fact that I HATE our old, ugly outdated kitchen. I have tried to make the best of it for the past 8 years by painting our cabinets (twice!) and getting new appliances but we still hate it. 


We have decided to put in a new kitchen! I am SO excited! My friend Stephanie is a kitchen designer so she came over last week and took measurements and is coming up with a plan for our new kitchen! 

I wish we could do this right away but we have decided to save all of the money first and then start the work.  Graig and I talked and worked out a budget and we have decided that we are going to save, save, save and start this project next Septmeber so for the next year we will be saving up money for our new kitchen. 

I gave Stephanie a big list of things I wanted in our new kitchen.  Here are some things on our wish list:
-white cabinets
-white subway tile backsplash
-stainless appliances including a range with a double oven
-farmhouse sink
-a mudroom/entrance area in our kitchen
-open to dining room
-open shelves to display dishes
-new lighting
-breakfast bar area

She wanted me to show her some pictures of kitchen that I liked to give her an idea of what we were looking for.  I got all of these pictures from pinterest.

This is perfect.  I love everything about this picture.  I want everything to be white but I don't want it to look sterile or cold. 

I love this little mudroom/sitting area.  Sadly our kitchen is teeny, tiny (10x12) so she is going to design a small bench area for us. 

Love, love, love these open shelves

I love the open cabinets in this picture and the farmhouse sink and the light countertops.  I am not sure what kind of countertops I want but I do like these. 

I like the light fixtures and simple cabinets in this picture. 

I love the colors in this picture and the cozy, lived in feel of ths kitchen.  The island is beautiful!  Sadly we don't have room for an island but I like the overall feel of this kitchen. 

We haven't seen Stephanie's first design yet.  I can't wait to see it! 
I have been looking at all kinds of kitchens online because I want this kitchen to be perfect.  I have already told Graig that I am not moving out of our house ever because it's SO much work trying to sell a house. 

1 comments:

Michelle said...

I'm so excited for you guys!