Friday, July 5, 2013

Five on Friday

T

Today I'm joining 5 on Friday again to show you a little of what we have been up to lately.  Lots of bloggers do 5 on Friday and you can check out Darci's blog to see more!

1.  I FINALLY changed my blog layout.  I was SO sick of my old one.  I wanted something new and fresh and I am really liking the yellow that I added to my blog.  I'm happy with it so far but it's still a work in progress. 

2.  Last Friday we went strawberry picking with my friend Sabrina and her daughter  Eliza.  We got four quarts of strawberries and we spent the next few days eating them-so delicious!  I also made two batches of strawberry jelly.  I will post the recipe soon. 
3.  Monday night some friends and I went to a fun concert featuring the band Chicago to benefit our local hospice. It was a great night-good food, laughter and friends!  We were able to get really close to the stage to watch the concert which was great! 

4.  I am making pillows and new curtains for our sun room.  I went to my friend Melany's shop and picked out this fabric.  I LOVE it.  I have red couches (that I loved when we moved into our house 9 years ago-now not so much!) and a lot of other colors in the room so I think this fabric will work well and hopefully pull everything together!
5.  Yesterday was SO hot!   In the morning I did a 5k obstacle race with some friends.  Here is my friend Sara and I after the race.  My pants are wet because for one part of the obstacle course we had to walk through a river-ha ha!  We also had to run up steep hills, carry tires, go through giant tubes, crawl through mud and go over a tall wall-good times.


Yesterday afternoon we went to my friend Erica's house for a BBQ and pool party.  I was in the water ALL afternoon.  I keep trying to talk Graig into getting a pool I think it would be fabulous!


What did you do for the 4th?

 

0 comments: