Thursday, October 10, 2013

Deciding when to workout

Thanks for your kind words about my friend Michelle.  It's been an emotionally exhausting week and I'm thankful for the support and love of my family, friends and co-workers.  Her death has touched everyone in our community and I still can't believe that she is gone.

I'm going to pick up my 31 days series today.  I've missed writing these posts and I'm happy to be back writing about something that I love.

Today I'm going to talk about WHEN you should work out.  This is a tough decision for a lot of women, especially moms, because we our lives are SO full and busy and we are all going pretty much non-stop.

I'm going to talk about 5 popular times of day to work out and I want you to tell me which one is best for your schedule?




After dinner/after kids are in bed-this is a popular time to work out because your responsibilities and commitments are done for the day and you have time to fit in your workout.

Late afternoon before dinner-I know a lot of people like to work out right after work before they even get home.  My friend at work goes straight to the gym without going home first for her this is the best time to work out because it fits with her lifestyle and schedule.  She gets her workout done and then goes home to eat dinner and relax.

Lunch time-Many people like to squeeze in lunch time workouts.  I go to my gym  one time per week on my lunch hour to do a class that I love.   My gym is packed then.  A lot of people like this option because you don't have to wake up early and you can go straight home after work.

After kids are in school in the morning-I have stay at home mom friends who LOVE working out at 9ish after their kids are in school.  They don't have to get up early and they can get their workout in early in the day.

Early morning-This is my personal favorite time to work out.  I get up before anyone else is up in my family and head out the door.  I am home about 7am to say good-bye to Brock and Ava before Graig takes them to school and then I can shower and get ready for work.

Tell me what is your favorite time of day to work out?

Coming up tomorrow-being organized will help you work out more

0 comments: