Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Weekend Top 8

I'm counting Thursday and Friday in our weekend because honestly the last four days have been a blur!  Here's a look at what we've been up to lately....


1.   Last Wednesday we closed on our rental house so G and I have been over there almost every day since cleaning, cutting down overgrown trees and shrubs and trying to make a plan of attack.  We are hoping to get it powerwashed this week so we can start painting the exterior (it really needs it!!)


2.  Speaking of G...we celebrated him all day yesterday for Father's Day!  He's a great Dad and I am so thankful for him every single day.  


3.  We had our monthly craft class on Thursday night for Branch and Bloom.  We did vodka infusions and we decorated shot glasses.    I will do a full post on the infusions we did for my Crafty Wednesday this week.  We hosted this event at a bar/restaurant in our town and it was so fun!  This was our last craft class for the summer.  We are taking a couple of months off to be with our families and our classes will start again in September.




4.  I hosted all the people that do my same job (working with fraternities and sororities) for a one day conference on Friday.   Most of them came in Thursday night so we met for a late dinner and ice cream after my craft class.  I love catching up with these ladies every year and sharing ideas, resources, etc.  



5. My friend Rachael and I did a flower arrangement on Friday afternoon for the annual Art in Bloom floral/art exhibit in our town.  We have done an arrangement every year for the past few years and we always love the challenge of matching up an artists piece with flowers. This year was especially challenging because we chose a macabre piece involving skulls and a crow. 
 I got to meet the artist who did the piece on Friday night and he was really nice and so thrilled that we choose his artwork.  He didn't think anyone would because it wasn't a "pretty" piece.   BTW, the artist got second place in the art show for his art pieces sadly we did not place in Art and Bloom this year.



6.  High school graduation is Saturday for all the schools around us.  Everyone here has big graduation parties to celebrate their high school graduation.  We went to our first party last weekend and the rest are spread out over the next two weekends.  They are always fun to go to and it's always fun to see the kids that we have known since they were little graduate from high school.   Here is a picture of me and some other Moms from the graduation party last weekend. 


7.  I love going to the farmers market on Saturday's in the summer.  They always have the best stuff!  Last Saturday I got a little bouquet of flowers (Ava made the ceramic vase in her ceramics class) and some vegetables to make roasted vegetables for a party we went to on Sunday.  



8.  Sunday my friend Sabrina had us over for a a Father's Day cookout.  It was a beautiful day and we spent the afternoon swimming and being outside in the sunshine.  It was a fabulous day!!  Here is a picture of the Moms by the pool. 


I hope you had a fabulous weekend!!

Xoxo

0 comments: