Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Weekend Fun!

We had a great last weekend of summer!  I celebrated my dear friend Julia's 50th bday in Saratoga and took Ava and Grace school shopping on Sunday  to the Ithaca waterfalls yesterday.  

  It was hot and humid here all weekend and I wanted to make the most of it.  School starts here tomorrow so this was our last summer weekend :(  

Saturday I went to the Saratoga racetrack to celebrate my dear friend Julia's 50th!  This was the last weekend the track was open and I'm so glad it worked out for us to go.  We had a great time celebrating her 





We left bright and early Saturday morning and headed to the track we rented a house for all of us for Saturday night and came home Sunday morning.  We had a full 24 hours to celebrate Julia.




 I try and get up to Saratoga at least once a season.  You can see a post about the track and tips for going here.    We brought our own food and drinks and did general admission to get in so it was only $7 each.  I bet $2 on each race so it was a cheap day!



Befoer each race a bugler plays "Call To the Post" to signal the race is about to begin.  Since it was Julia's bday we asked him to take a picture with us which was fun!


During one race Julia picked a horse and we all put our money together and bet  $40 on him. Which was a big bet for us.    It made the race SO exciting!  Sadly we didn't win but here is a picture of the horse we choose during that race.



After a day at the races we went back to our rented house and got ready and went to a nice dinner in downtown Saratoga.  It was a great way to end our time in Saratoga.


Monday I went to Ithaca to the waterfalls with my friends Sabrina and Lynn and their daughters. I love going to Ithaca at least once a summer too and this was our first and only trip there this summer.  We swam, had lunch and took lots of pictures at the falls. I'm so happy Grace got to expereince this with us too.  It was a long day but so worth it.   It was a great last day of summer!






Hope you had a good weekend!
Xoxo


1 comments:

Tanya said...

Sounds like such a fun time in Saratoga. I love the jumping picture with the waterfall in the background!