Wednesday, September 26, 2018

What's Up Wednesday {September}

Hey I'm linking up today to share what we've been up to lately.  It's been a busy month and I’m excited about things calming down and  I'm so happy  about the fall season and all the pumpkins, hayrides, bonfires, hikes, etc. ahead.  

I don't link up every month but you can read my past WUW posts below




What we're eating this week...Last night I made chicken fried rice using this recipe and it was fabulous!   We loved it.  I got a wok for my birthday and I’ve been using it to make stir fry recipes and pad Thai. 

What I'm reminiscing about...All the events that I’ve had since school started.  It has been sooooo busy!  I had the freshman block party, fall recruitment, bid day, the annual photo shoot, and family weekend.  It’s been a crazy!!  I hope things calm down in October.




What I'm loving...all things FALL!!   I had my gal brunch on Sunday.  We’ve been to football games, done a little hiking, and a little fall crafting.  I am just enjoying everything about fall!!  





What we've been up to...school, work...you know the usual

What I'm dreading...thankfully nothing right now!

What I'm working on.... October is  big month for me work-wise so I'm busy planning and organizing to make sure my October events run smoothly.  

What I'm excited about...everything fall!  I am enjoying every single day of this beautiful season!




What I'm watching/reading...I just finished Just Mercy. This book was our Common Read at the College where I work for this academic year.  The book was incredible and it made me re-think my thoughts on the death penalty.   The author, Bryan Stevenson, came to campus last night to give a talk.  He was so inspirational and motivational.  I learned so much from hearing his speech.  He signed  a book for Brock and Ava.  



 What I'm wearing...I’ve gotten a couple of really cute things this month from wait for it......

Walmart!   I got these Levi jeans that I just love at Walmart.  I wear them all the time and get so many compliments on them.  They are so comfortable and a great transition piece from summer to fall. 

What I'm looking forward to next month...I'm going to see Justin Timberlake with my friends in Albany.  It's going to be such a fun show!  We are going to shop and spend the night and I'm happy to have a fall getaway.  

What else is new...Ava is taking her driving test today.  It’s today at 11am and I hope she passes.  She has had her permit for six months and has been driving  a lot with G and I.  She is a good driver and she’s ready for her test today.  


I hope you've had a great week!
xoxo


0 comments: