Thursday, July 22, 2010

Shelby's shower!

My sister Shelby is expecting her first baby on October 1. She is having a baby girl! A couple of  weekends ago Ava and I traveled to Illinois for her baby shower which was hosted by her mother in law Linda and me. Her nursery colors are light pink and brown and we used those colors as the main colors for the shower! Linda did the games and I made the candy buffet.


Here are some pictures from Shelby’s special day!

The candy buffet!  I made this, Ava and I picked out all of the pink candy.  It was a big hit with the kids-ha ha!

The gift table!  Shelby got SO many nice gifts! 

Here's the room all decorated in pink and brown!

Here is a close up of one of the center pieces.  My sister's Mother-in-law Linda made them.  I think they turned out SO cute!

The cake since they don't have a name picked out yet we had their last name put on the cake. 
Ryan's cousin made this beautiful edible arrangement!

Here are the cute little girl cutouts from one of the games we played!

Shelby and Ryan opening their presents.  Ryan wasn't there for the whole shower but he came in to help my sister open her gifts which I thought was nice!  Our Dad and Ryan's Dad also came in and sat in the back for the opening of the gifts!  Ava and her friend Anika helped put away the gifts after they were opened. 

Ava and Anika at the candy buffet

Ava, Anika and Aunt Shelby!

Here are some other pictutes from the weekend.  We went out to eat A LOT and did some shopping at Target and Hobby Lobby!  Graig always says that the only things my family likes to do are shop and  go out to eat-he is SO right-ha ha!

Ava and Anika at our first hotel in Columnus, Ohio.  It had a kitchenette and the girls were so excited about having a kitchen in our hotel room so they wanted me to take their picture!
Ava and Aunt Shelby at Steak and Shake!
Dad, Vicki and Shelby hanging out by the pool!
We ordered breadsticks from Papa John's-SOOO good!


Ava and Anika with Uncle Ryan. They LOVED swimming with him!


Anika and Ava in the pool!

My Dad bought   a new piece of property so he took us on a little tour.  The girls loved riding in the wagon!
Shelby and Ryan with his parents. 
Shelby and me!
Ava and Anika in the little attic space of my Dad's new shed.  It was SO hot up there but the girls loved it!

I am so glad that Ava and I went to Illinois for my sister's baby shower.  It was a LONG drive but so worth it!  We had a ton of fun and we can't wait to go back when the baby is born!!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Cute pictures--we miss you!

Janna said...

The decorations and candy table are really cute. The little building with the attic reminds me of the one you had as a kid. Michelle looks so cute pregnant!