Friday, January 7, 2011

This and That!

We are finally getting back into the groove after Christmas break. We have all been super busy this week and I am SO glad it's Friday!! I haven't taken one picture this week here but this is what we've been up to.

  • Brock and Ava went back to school on Monday and I went back to work.
  • I finally got most of our Christmas stuff taken down!  Graig  just needs to organize it in our attic this weekend.
  • Graig's Grandma Jessie passed away :( She was 87 and she had heart failure so we kind of expected it but it's still SO sad.  Her funeral service is tomorrow.   She was the Town Clerk for many years so many people knew her and SO many of them have said  to me how much they are going to miss her. She loved rooting for the Chicago Bulls. When I went to her house for the first time she had a life size cut out of Micheal Jordan in her living room-ha ha! 
  • I really want to put out some V-Day decorations but I think it's too early.  I am planning on making a V-Day ribbon wreath this year and I hope to get started on it this weekend.
  • I signed up for 4 exercise classes per week at the YMCA.  They are fun but I am SO sore!  I am way out of shape!
  • We are suppose to get a snow storm today and it's snowing but so far B and A still have school.  I hope they get out early.  It would be nice to start the weekend a little early.
  • I am painting-AGAIN!  I feel like I am always painting.  Anyway, we have needed to touch up our upstairs doors and trim (they are painted white).   Since I have no idea what shade of white the previous owners of our house used.  I am painting it all.  I usually don't mind painting but for some reason I HATE painting with white paint. 
  • I am also painting Ava's room pink and green.  I am almost finished-thank goodness!  Last week I got her some peace sign vinyl at Kohl's since the girl LOVES her peace signs!
  • Graig got a new job at the College!  It's a promotion for him in a whole new division (business) so he is really excited!  He will start on January 17. 
  • Brock does the paper route still every morning and during the Christmas season he got over $500 in tips!  He put most of it in the bank (he is JUST like Graig-ha ha) and he has been writing a lot of thank you notes!
  • My 35th birthday is next Thursday!  I can't believe I will be 35 I used to think that 35 was SO old now I think it's young-ha ha!  Graig and I are going to celebrate by going out to dinner with 4 other couples.  Graig's 39th birthday is on Jan. 20 so we will do something to celebrate that too. 

3 comments:

AG said...

whoa. We have a lot to catch up on. Sorry about Graig's Grandma. Congrats to Graig on the new job and 35 is waaaaaay young!

Let's chat soon!

Janna said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Graig's Grandmother. She sounds like she was a fun woman.

Michelle said...

Wheew--you all have been busy!!