Thursday, January 27, 2011

Valentines Day decorations!

I always think it's fun decorating for Valentine's Day!  I don't have a lot of stuff so I concentrate my decorations in our dining room and a little table in our living room.  I got them out early this year so I would be able to enjoy them a long time!


This decoration took the longest but I LOVE how it turned out.  It's a Valentine Ribbon wreath.  It took me about 3 hours start to finish but I really like the way it turned out.  I used about 12 different ribbon that I got from a wholesaler on ebay.  All this ribbon was only about $12!  The shop is here.  I just made  loops and hot glued them and then I hot glued the loops on the wreath frame.  I used an 18 inch wicker wreath frame from the Dollar Tree.  I also got black and white ribbon to make another one for after Valentines Day! 


Here is the table in our living room.  I bought this stand last fall from Southern Living at Home.  I'm still not sure if I like it but I think it looks pretty cute for Valentine's Day!


This is the hutch in our dining room.  I got those white and red dishes at the Dollar Tree!  I love them, I think they are perfect for V-Day!

This is a little jar that I got on clearance last year at the Cracker Barrel.  Those candy hearts are my favorite!  I can't stop eating them!   

These hearts are actually Christmas ornaments but I like to put them out for V-Day. 


 I made this cute little sign this year.  I printed this out from the Craftily Ever After blog.  I love all of her printables!


This is our dining room cabinet.  Yes I still have a poinsettia from Christmas-it won't die and I feel bad throwing it out-ha ha!  I got that cloche last fall and I am never sure what to put in it so I just put in a candle and some heart shaped felt ornaments. 


 A LOVE plate in our kitchen.  I love the design on this plate I got it at the Salvation Army and added the chalkboard sticker. 

This is our centerpiece on our dining room table.  This looks much better in person I promise.  I just used white, pink, and red candles and put them on a large white platter. 

Have a great weekend!  We have a busy weekend.  Brock has his last basketball game of the season and Ava has dance. I also hope to get some things done around our house (I feel like I always say that-ha ha!)

2 comments:

AG said...

Love everything! So funny because I was going to buy those red and white plates from the dollar store too. Great minds...

Michelle said...

SO cute! You've made everything look some warm and homey!