Saturday, October 22, 2011

Friends and Fiestaware

This has been a VERY busy week with work for our family I felt like we were on the go all week.  This weekend we don't have any plans so I have been happy to relax and just enjoy being at home!

I did manage a couple of very fun nights out with friends this week.  Wednesday was the monthly wine night.  There were 5 of us that went and we had a great time!  All of these ladies are in my running group.  We usually see each other at 5:15am so it was nice to get dressed up and go out with them for a fun night.


Last night Ava and I had a girls night.  I didn't take any pictures of the grown up girls but there were 5 of us including Sabrina and Melany.  We went out for Mexican food and the mall.  We ended the night with ice cream at Friendly's.


In other exciting news I added 40 pieces to my fiesta ware collection today!  I am SO excited! 
 
My Dad's lovely girlfriend Vicki bought them for me. Dad and Vicki go to a lot of antique stores and I told them to look for fiesta ware and if they found any to buy it and I would pay them back.  My Dad face timed us tonight so I could see all of my pieces.  She got me tons of plates, small plates, bowls, a pitcher, cups, and a platter in lots of different colors.  I can't wait to get it when I visit at Thanksgiving. 
I want to display it all in our house.  I found these two inspiration images on pinterest tonight. 

I love the fiesta colors in this picture and I love the shelves it's displayed on.


 I would LOVE to have one of these Hoosier cabinets in our house.  I'm not sure where I would put it but I think it would be a great place to display my fiesta pieces. 


Here are the two pieces that I have now.  This radioactive red bowl which looks orange to me but fiesta calls it red and it was made with uranium!  So I only use it for display -ha ha!



I also got this light green fiesta ware plate a few weeks ago in Vermont.


I hope you are having a good weekend!

0 comments: