Sunday, October 2, 2011

Our weekend!

This weekend started for me at Ava's school.  Her elementary school mascot is the purple panda and on Friday Ava got to dress up as the Purple Panda at their afternoon assembly.  She was SO excited to be in the purple panda costume. Her friend also named Ava was the other Purple Panda. This is the best picture I got of them in their costumes.   


Yesterday I worked on this cart that I got at at yard sale.  I LOVE the way it turned out!  I put it in the corner of our kitchen.  On the middle shelf I put snacks and on the bottom shelf I put some of my white serving dishes.



Today was the Pit RunSabrina and I have been training for this race since March. It was a hard race.  I keep wondering when running will get easier.   I'm not sure it ever will for me but I think I'm hooked!  I'd like to do the 10k next year.  My time this year was 36 minutes not great but my goal was to finish!

Here is our running group.  We met and walked to a coffee shop. I'm in the back with the black hat.  This is an awful picture of me but I do love our group so I wanted to put it on here. 


Here is a picture of Brock and I before the race this morning.  Please excuse the terrible lighting.  This is the only picture we got we were running out the door when I told Graig to snap this picture of us.


Brock and Graig ran the race today too.  Graig wanted to bet because he loves to bet on everything and of course Graig lost the race.  Brock's time was 24 minutes! I am so proud of my boy!
So after the race Brock wanted to spend his winnings so he bought a flat screen TV for his room.  I don't know if he'll ever come out of there now-ha ha!


My friends Sara and Allison got these flowers for Sabrina and I after the race.  They tied a  shoelace around the vase isn't that cute?  I thought that was so sweet of them!


Also congrats and good luck to my sister Shelby!!  She started the couch to 5k program this morning and wrote about it on her blog today.  You go girl!  I am SO proud of my little sister!

Tonight we ordered pizza and wings and watched TV and relaxed.   I hope you had a great weekend!

0 comments: