Thursday, September 29, 2011

Boy Mom

Earlier this week one of my favorite bloggers Erin from Blue Eyed Bride wrote a beautiful post about being a boy mom.  She has two little boys.  I have one big boy and I NEVER thought I would be a boy mom!  I just knew that I was going to be the Mom of two girls just like my family growing up.  Graig always thought he would have three boys just like his family growing up. 




When I was pregnant with Brock I just knew I was going to have a girl.  I had one baby shower before we found out what I was having and I told all my friends to get me girl stuff.    I was going to name our girl Abby Allison.  I was SHOCKED at the ultrasound when they told us we were having a boy.  I didn't know a thing about boys!  Graig was so thrilled he really wanted a son. 
Fast forward 14 years and I have  LOVED being a boy Mom. I have been to so many baseball and basketball games I can't even begin count them all. I watch shows about aliens and monsters with Brock because he loves them.  His two favorites are Monster Quest and Ancient Aliens we watch these two shows every week. 


Brock loves having his friends over.  We try to always have plenty of snacks on hand because 14 year old boys eat a lot!




I always go and cheer him on at his many games.  I am getting good at taking action shots. 


He is so sweet, kind and funny.  I am thankful every day that I am a boy mom and have Brock as a son!




1 comments:

Michelle said...

What a sweet post and a sweet boy!