Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Our fall mantle!

I love decorating our mantle for the seasons.  Fall is my absolute favorite time to decorate our house because I love the deep fall colors like orange, red and brown.  This year I am also mixing in my favorite color-turquoise!   I tried to keep things really simple this year.  I am starting to hate things that look too cluttered.  Of course my scale, birdcage and Ballard apothecary jars are things I use year round on my mantle.  I love the old window but Graig doesn't get it.  He always asks me why we have an old window hanging in our living room-ha ha!


In other exciting news Brock and Ava had their open houses last week at school!  Brock started high school this year!  I still can't believe it Brock is in high school!  We got to go to each of Brock's classes to meet all of his teachers.  Ava's school does looping which means they have the same teacher for two years.  Ava is in the second year of her loop so she has the same teacher this year that she had last year.  Ava LOVES her teacher so she's excited that she gets to be with her for another year! 



This past weekend I went on a girls weekend with my friends.  We had so much fun!  We went shopping and antiquing. I got some cute things that I'll show later this week.  Our new friend Melany took this and put it on facebook.Melany has the cutest blog which you can find here.  She is  a talented seamstress  and she features a lot of her projects on her blog. Aren't the mums in this picture beautiful?


Happy Monday!

 


2 comments:

Michelle said...

Cute picture of B & A. I love the mums in that last picture!

Melany said...

Hi! How fun that I got a shout out on your blog! I just stopped over to browse around and was so flattered to see that! I had so much fun on our weekend. Talk soon!