Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Burlap Banner tutorial

I bought a beautiful Valentine's Day banner on etsy.  I loved it and was so sad to take it down.  I looked on etsy for a St. Patrick's Day banner but I hesitated buying it because I knew that I had all of the supplies to make my own. So over the weekend I made one! 

Here is the Valentine's Day one that I bought.  I love it but it was $20 and I thought it would be fun to try my own. 

I looked online for a tutorial and I found this simple one here. 

I printed the word  lucky in 425 pt Georgia font.  I cut out the letters and taped one letter to the back of each of my burlap that I cut into triangles.  I just painted where the letter was.  I didn't take a picture of this but the tutorial that I used has a picture of this :)

I also added polka dots using a circle craft brush.  I hot glued the burlap to jute and added green ribbon that I had. 

I think it's cute!  I do wish my paint was a little brighter.  Maybe next time I'll do two coats of paint instead of one. 

Here is a close up so you can see how I folded the burlap over the jute. 

This project was FREE because I already had everything I needed and it took less than an hour from start to finish!  I love quick and easy projects like these!!


2 comments:

Sabrina said...

It turned out super cute, you should make more for the sale!

sarah @ life {sweet} life said...

That turned out so cute! I LOVE the addition of the polka dots - great idea! I'm glad my tutorial was helpful. :)