Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Fun weekend!

Here are some pics from my weekend.  Usually I have pictures of the kids but they didn't have a lot going on this weekend. Brock and Ava are starting their basketball seasons this week!  So I will have lots of pictures of them playing in the future :)

Last Friday I was asked to speak on an alumni panel Binghamton University where I went to grad school.  It was fun going back.  I was in a new program when I started (student affairs) so I was the oldest alumni on the panel :(   Jason, one of my former students attends grad school there so he was there!  Here we are with his friend Shannon after the panel.   I am SO proud of Jason he graduates in December and he has an on campus interview with Cornell University later this week. 

Saturday I went to an event called hops for hunger.  Basically we tasted all different kinds of home brewed beer and voted on our favorite.  I am not much of a beer drinker but it was fun to get together for an afternoon out with some friends. 

Sunday my friend Heidi and I drove to Albany for a 15k race. I have been sick for abut 2 weeks and because I was sick I missed our last training run last weekend.  So my goal for this race was to finish and not die on the course.

Here is a picture of our hot pink race shirts!  I love it!

I wrote the # of miles I have ran this year on my hand so I would  remember to trust my training and the preperation that I did for the race 
 and it helped me not to get nervous, scared or intimiated by faster runners. 

It was a chilly morning. I wore long pants and a jacket before the race. 

I finished in 1:47 which was 7 minutes faster than my other 15k this year! My friend Heidi finished 5 minutes ahead of me and her time was 7 minutes faster than her other 15k too!  Heidi took this picture of me right before I crossed the finish line. 

Happy Wednesday!

3 comments:

Sabrina said...

What a great strategy; I can't believe you have ran that many miles!! You are an inspiration!

Sabrina said...

What a great strategy; I can't believe you have ran that many miles!! You are an inspiration!

melany said...

Yay, Angie!! xoxo you are awesome.