Saturday, November 3, 2012

Hits and misses

I feel like we eat the same things all the time so I have been trying out some new recipes.  Some my family loves and I will be adding them to our meal rotation and some have not been so great.  Graig and Brock are SO picky about what they eat so when I look at new recipes I always look closely at the ingredients to see if it's a dish they will actually eat.


I made goulash a few weeks ago and it was a big hit!  I got the recipe from this blog and it's really easy to make.  It also freezes well so next time I make it I will make two batches and freeze on for later. 


Thank goodness Hurricane Sandy missed us last week.  We had all kinds of watches and warnings and the weather forecasters said that our area was going to get hit hard.  Thankfully we had no damage from the storm!  I am so grateful.

Wednesday night we celebrated Halloween by trick or treating.  Ava dressed up as a hot dog.  She was a hot dog last year also.  She loves that costume and thankfully it still fit her!  She also won second place in the costume contest at the boys and girls club so she was thrilled!

Here is Ava with her friend Nadia.  Ava is holding her winnings from the boys and girls club. 
 Last Sunday we went trick or treating at the mall with Sabrina and Eliza.  I love this picture of the two of them. 

Next week is a big week for both Brock and Ava.  Brock has basketball tryouts starting on Monday and Ava is going on pointe for ballet.  We went a few weeks ago to have her fitted for pointe shoes.

Ava is constantly putting on her new shoes and going up on pointe. 


I hope you have a good weekend!  We have a weekend without any plans-whooooo hoooooo!!!

0 comments: