Friday, April 13, 2018

Life Lately

I am STILL having blog issues-ughh!!!  I am hoping to get them resolved this weekend and get back to posting regularly next week.  We have had an exhausting week and I am SO SO happy it's finally Friday!  Tonight Rachael and I have our monthly craft night for Branch and Bloom and tomorrow G, Ava and I are headed to Long Island because Ava is in a basketball tournament.  

Wednesday we had to put our dog Daisy down.  I was such an awful morning.  On Sunday she had a seizure.  Ava and I were home when it happened and after her seizure we held her until she seemed OK again.  On Tuesday night G and I were getting ready to go to sleep and she had another one.  I told him I was going to take her to the vet the next day.  We knew something was wrong we just didn't know exactly what was wrong.  I took her in to the vet on Wednesday morning and they did blood work and took x-rays and the vet said her lungs and the area surrounding her heart were full of cancer.  He said there was nothing they could do to help her.  He suggested that we put her down right away so she wasn't suffering.  I called G at work and he came and was with me when they put her down.  It was so sad and I just cried and cried. Daisy was my little shadow around the house and I loved taking her for walks around our neighborhood.  She was part of our family for 12 years and we miss her so much.  


The vets office made us a paw print in clay so we could remember our Daisy girl.  I picked it up today and thought it was so sweet.  I will cherish it always.  


This week did have some happy moments....

We celebrated our nephew Gabe's 6th birthday on Friday with dinner and of course a big cake.  He is such a cutie.  I am so glad we got to be with him on his birthday.  


We bought a new (to us!) Nissan Rouge for me.  I have only had it a couple of days but so far I love it!!  We have always had cars so this is our first SUV and it has so much room so far it's been great. It's a really pretty dark purple/black color called black amethyst.  


Tonight Rachael and I have our monthly craft night for Branch and Bloom.  We are going to be making vertical chalkboard planters and this craft night is also a fundraiser for our local library.  I love this craft and think it will be a lot of fun to make these tonight.


That's it for me today.  I hope you have a great Friday!
Xoxo

0 comments: