Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Our weekend

We had another fun and busy weekend this past weekend.  I love the weekends and this past weekend was a lot of fun.  We had our annual end of the year town/college festival, I got together with some friends and I took Ava to buy a dress for the prom.  I am exhausted just reading everything we did this weekend. 

Saturday morning I got up bright and early to help with the annual festival that the College where I work hosts for the community.  We started our day with a big breakfast and I took a picture of the student volunteers.  They worked so hard from bright and early in the morning until late at night on Saturday to make the festival a success.  


My friend Rachael and her family had an Earth Day celebration at their organic grocery store so I raced over to the store to see her and get one of the amazing organic earth day cookies that she had made for the event.  They were SO good!!


Saturday afternoon Ava and I went to get pedicures together and that was so fun.  I love spending time with our girl!  She also loves driving us every where we go.  It's been fun (and a little stressful!) having another driver in our house.


Saturday night I worked backstage at the festival concert.  The performer this year was A Boogie wit da Hoodie.  My friend Amy and her son came backstage to he could meet A Boogie.  I asked Ava is she wanted to go backstage but she wasn't interested-ha ha!


All the "old people backstage" took a picture with A Boogie 


There were SO many people at the concert.  I took this picture of all the people from backstage.  A Boogie wanted everyone to hold up their phones with their flashlights on.  It looked so cool from where I was standing.  


I left the concert early and raced to my friend D's house for a little get together.  I made my cowboy caviar and it was a huge hit!!  I have been so busy lately so it was nice to catch up with my friends.



Sunday I left bright and early and took Ava to Albany to look for prom dresses!!  She tried on SO many dresses at 3 different stores.  She finally settled on this simple black dress.  She loves it and is comfortable in it and I am so happy that she is happy!!  My friend Rachael went dress shopping with us and it was good to get her opinion on the dresses. We ate at the Cheesecake Factory and made a fun day of it!  




I hope you had a great weekend!!

Xoxo


0 comments: